Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Favorite Things

I think that Maria Von Trapp in the movie "Sound of Music" had it right when she sang about her favorite things...."I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad!"  I have been feeling so horrible lately.  Yesterday, I nearly passed out from dehydration and stomach pains.  Today was a little better.  At least I was able to get out of the house for a shuffle around the neighborhood with my dad.

I decided I need to write down the things that I love in my life, both large and small..So that when I feel terrible, I can look at my list.

-I love rainy windy cold weather. The kind that keeps me indoors by a fireplace with a book and a cuddly blanket.

-I love the white sands of the Virgin Islands...I also love the palm trees as the sway in the wind and the smell of salt off of the ocean.

-I love good food and restaurants.  I love to eat!

-I love my children's laughter and goofy smiles, and how they taste when I give them kisses.

-I love good movies both on DVD and in the theater and the smell of buttered popcorn in the movie theater.

-I love real fall weather with the different colored leaves and the rustling sounds that the leaves make when the wind whips through them.

-I love the smell of chlorine at a swimming pool when I'm on vacation.

-I love a clear night with a full moon.

-I love leaving to go on a trip at 5 a.m. when it's still dark and no one is up yet.  It makes me feel like I'm going on a real adventure.

-I love a warm chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven..

-I love a very loud thunderstorm with a lot of lightning and rain..as long as I'm indoors!

-I love taking a shower after a hard work out.

-I love laughing so hard that my stomach hurts, my eyes are running, and my face hurts from smiling.

-I love it when my students win an award.  I especially love it when I have a new all-stater in my studio or when my middle school students receive a sweepstakes award.

-I love a hug that seems to last for days.

This is a good starting point..

Have a wonderful evening!
Chemosabe

No comments:

Post a Comment