Sunday, November 7, 2010

Loneliness 11/7/10

It is amazing to me that I can be interracting with my family or even be in a room full of people and I can feel incredibly lonely.  Today was one of those days.  I would have never thought that I would end up feeling this way today but I did.

I spent the day with my kids and it was great.  I played "Upwords" with my 10 year old son Ethan and he beat the pants off of me.  (Upwords is a 3 dimensional game of Scrabble)  I talked and laughed with my kids and had a great lunch with them.  After lunch my mother, Ethan and I went for a walk and I enjoyed watching Ethan kick a piece of round plastic (it looked like a part left over from a 25 cent toy from a machine) throughout the walk.  Kids always amaze me the way that they look at things.  Garbage to an adult equals garbage, to a kid, it's a soccer ball.

Right now even with all of that positve and fun interraction, I feel like I'm the only person on earth.   My brother calls this feeling "existential loneliness."  I guess the best way to describe it is a feeling of no emotion at all or all emotion being drained out of my soul and I'm left with an emptiness...Like I don't have a connection to anything or anyone.

Since my diagnosis, I actually have fewer of these episodes, but when I do get them, they hit me really hard.

I do know one thing even in this state of mind.  When I am done with my last chemo treatment on March 10th which is also Ethan's birthday, I will be out of here...I don't know where I will go, but I will be taking a trip somewhere..It may be a cruise, it may be a trip out of the country...Wherever it is I cannot wait....

I'm bustin' out of this and things are going to change.

2 comments:

  1. I love your attitude, Emily. Check out this link:

    http://crossfitcachevalley.wordpress.com/2010/11/02/amazing-grace/

    I did this one in your honor.

    Cheers, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sorry you are having it so rough.
    That sucks.
    Will call you later this week.

    You can always come to Austin for a vaca: )
    Wishing you a great day tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete