Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wax on Wax off

It has been almost 2 months since my last posting.  I actually feel kind of guilty for not writing because so much has transpired.  One of the best things that has happened is that my eyebrows, nose hair, eyelashes have grown back.  In fact all of my hair has come back, even if it's only in small amounts.  I remember I was at my in-laws house in Bastrop one weekend...At the beginning of the weekend, I was using eyebrow shadow to color in my non-existent eyebrows.  Two days later, I had massive stubble where my eyebrows shoud be.  In fact, I had to buy a tweezers while I was visiting so that I didn't look like Groucho Marx.  Two days after that, I went to the beauty salon to get my first eyebrow waxing in months.  At that same time, my eyelashes sprouted in out of nowhere.

The hair on my head is still very white, but I am getting dark patches all over my head.  Two weeks ago, I got my first hair cut. in months and months.  I don't know if I'll ever dye my hair again..(if I do, it will be red)  The other thing about my hair is, I will never grow it long again...It is way to easy the way I have it now.
I don't have to ever comb it, I put a little gel in it after a shower, spike it and go..  There have literally been hours and hours added to my days and my life by not messing with my hair.  It is wonderful!

I have been on my anti-cancer drug tamoxifen for the past month.  I found that I have to drink a lot more water so that I don't get achy.  I am still getting hot flashes, but they don't seem as bad as before.  I have noticed more facial hair around my jawline that I suspect is from lower estrogen.  I am hoping that it doesn't become a huge problem...I can't imagine waxing anymore of my face than I already do...At the same time, I hope that I don't become the bearded lady..

I have been doing weight watchers pretty consistently and exercising to the wii fit almost everyday.  Lately, I've been exercising to a Michael Jackson program called "Michael Jackson the experience."  I literally dance my ass off for an hour and I end up covered in sweat.  It's so much fun!

On June 10th, I'll be having a polyp removed from my uterus.  It isn't supposed to be cancer, but it's still scary.  I keep telling myself it's a hoop I have to jump through to survive.  It is a day surgery and I'll need the weekend to recover from the cramping.  My final nip and tuck surgery for my breasts and lipo in my hips will be during Thanksgiving 2011.  Hopefully other than the tamoxifen, that will be my final cancer hoop to jump through forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment